Within member clubs of The Scottish Canoe Association the
Club Child Protection Co-ordinator will:
- Be supported by The Scottish Canoe Association and be appropriately trained.
- Implement and promote The Scottish Canoe Association Child Protection Policy and Procedures.
- Regularly report to the Committee.
- Act as the main contact within the Club for the protection of children.
- Encourage good practice and support of procedures to protect children.
- Keep abreast of developments and understand the latest information on data protection, confidentiality and other legal issues that impact on the protection of children.
- Communicate with The Scottish Canoe Association Child Protection Officer.
- Maintain confidential records of reported cases, action taken, liase with the statutory agencies and ensure they have access to all necessary information.
- Report cases, concerns and action taken to The Scottish Canoe Association Child Protection Officer.
- Attend training on the protection of children and organise appropriate training for other members.
- Establish and maintain contact with local statutory agencies including the police and social work services.
- Monitor and review the Child Protection Policy and procedures for their club.
- Ensure there are mechanisms in place for quality assurance.
1. All volunteers will have Disclosure Scotland
2. All volunteers will work within the SCA code of conduct
and guidelines for volunteers found under child protection at www.canoescotland.com
3. All volunteers will have read, understood and will work
within the procedures set out by the SCA in the section titled ’Responding to Concerns’ at www.canoescotland.com - child protection, in the event of disclosure by a child/young
4. All volunteers should attend Child Protection training
provided by the SCA child protection officer.