Aboyne Canoe Club is dedicated to preserving the river environment within which we enjoy paddling. As respectful river users we try to be considerate of others and
minimize any negative impact which we might have.
To improve its green credentials Aboyne Canoe Club endeavours to:
- Keep the shores of the Dee near Aboyne Bridge litter free year round.
- Reduce pollution and carbon emissions by lift sharing as much as is possible.
- Recycle any packaged goods received.
- Reduce micro-plastics by avoiding dragging kayaks on the shore.
- Reduce river bank erosion by using varied entry and exit points of popular venues. We have also constructed a ladder to reduce bank erosion when hauling kayaks and
- Liaise with other canoe and marine environment groups to improve our sustainable practice